Tenant Advice

Money & Welfare Benefits Advice

Our Financial Inclusion Services team has helped our tenants claim a total of £1.74m of benefits to which they were entitled during the year 2017/2018. Again these figures show that many tenants had not been claiming a range of benefits to which they are entitled or were at risk of losing those that they were receiving.

In addition to benefits advice we offer our tenants a Money Advice service. Our aim is not just to assist you with problems relating to debt, but to also encourage you to think about better ways of budgeting in order to try and prevent you getting back into unmanageable debt.

This is a Free and Confidential service that we offer to our tenants, owners and shared owners.

Thenue tenants are now in the Full Universal Credit service area.  This means that most changes in circumstances will result in a claim for Universal Credit.  You have to make your Universal Credit claim online and report any changes online also.

The Financial Inclusion service has been assisting tenants who found making a claim this way confusing.  Depending upon your circumstances, it can take up to 40 minutes to complete your online application.

Along with Thenue's Digital Inclusion team we are intending to hold a number of events in each of our areas, informing tenants about the online claim process and what help is available from Thenue.

This is a free and confidential service that we offer to our tenants, owners and shared owners.  

We are continuing to encourage tenants to make use of our Financial Inclusion Service 

If you would like to make an appointment to see one of the team you can call us on 0141 550 9554 or email

Alternatively, you can request an appointment using our new Thenue App

Download from App Store or Google play.


Advice for tenants

 As a Thenue tenant you may have some questions about your tenancy. Every new tenant will get a new tenant visit from housing staff shortly after moving in but please click on the following or contact us for more information on some commonly asked areas.

  • Your new home
  • Furniture
  • Want to buy my house
  • Mutual exchange
  • Domestic Abuse
  • Relationship Break-Up
  • Ending your tenancy - If you are a current Thenue tenant and you wish to end your tenancy, you must complete and submit a Termination of Tenancy Form, giving us 28 days notice of your intention to move out.  The form can be found by clicking here which you can print off, complete and scan it to us by e-mail to .  Following receipt your Area Services Officer will contact you to discuss your form with you.  If you do plan to leave your home, it is very important that you complete and submit the form to us, along with your keys at the agreed end date.  If you leave your home without completing this form, Thenue would assume that you have abandoned your tenancy and would require to instigate a procedure to bring your tenancy to an end.  Having to do this may affect your future rehousing prospects.